Sunday, May 17, 2015

New Figus Retusa Part 3 - styling/wiring

Dear All

Next step in the process was to style the tree... a lot of leggy branches had to be removed and I wired the tree... a rough styling first... looks much better in real life than in the pictures. 

I also wanted to keep the aerial roots and develop them further.. some of them was still green and alive but not reaching the soil.. so I decided to put glasses of water underneath them.. so hopefully they will develop and grow.. and at the end be so long I can dig then into the soil. 

Below you will find the picture of the roughly styled tree... and at the bottom some inspirational pictures I found online of this kind of tree.

As you can see in the pictures the branches goes "out and up" as it is the most natural look fo this kind of tree. 

enjoy...
















No comments:

Post a Comment