Sunday, May 17, 2015

New figus Retusa Part 2 - Defoliating

Dear All,

Yesterday I decided to work on the new Figus I bought online. I firstly defoliated the whole tree to better see what I had to work with. It is important ONLY to do this to very healthy trees..as the tree will be weakned... but as the tree was in perfect condition.. I went for it.... Below are some pictures of the tree defoliated.. as you can see there are a lot of branches to work with but most of them was long a leggy. 

I think the tree can look amazing when it is done and I was happy to see there are NO big wire marks or ugly scares to deal with.


Front of the tree


 

Backside of the tree




Close up.. a lot of branches to work with.


Right side of the tree



Left side of the tree

No comments:

Post a Comment